For The Love of Canada


Running for Canada has been one of the greatest achievements I've ever made in my life, and while it has been one hell of a challenging road getting here., I would not change it for anything else in the world.
There is no better feeling than being able to represent the land that raised and fostered me into the young woman I am today.
My first time running for Team Canada at the Jr. Pan Am Games

In 2015, I was named to my first national team after years of almost making it.  Nothing felt worse than ALMOST being on a national team, ALMOST coming in top 3, ALMOST being the best in my event. I had just come off of the worst season of my life, I trained harder than I ever had in my life and I was not ALMOST the best anymore, I was the best. While being on that team brought me more friends within the sport, it also gave me a sense of pride I had never felt before. Having Canada printed across my chest and feeling the support of the entire country made me feel eternally grateful. 

Me at the Francophone Games in the Ivory Coast 
Making my first national tea was an unbelievable accomplishment that I had been working for my entire track and field career. And in 2017, I was blessed again and was chosen to run for Team Canada at the Jeux de la Francophonie (Francophone Games) in the Ivory Coast. This experience was so different from my first because I was exposed first hand to true third world poverty. This Experience was amazingly humbling because it allowed for me to have a deeper appreciation for Canada which only made me want to represent the country I love even more. 
Representing the beautiful country of Canada has made me eternally grateful for being born there and gave a a sense of pride and identity that I never knew I could have. So when people ask me what I do this all for, I do it for the love of Canada. 

Comments